ABOUT MY TRAINING
I have heard horses called many things, here are some examples!
... quirky, naughty, pratt, stupid, difficult, excited, being silly, having a tantrum, typical teenager, pig, aggressive, dominant, bargy, pushy, not genuine, planning to do something, cheeky, sharp, gone sour, full of himself, I could go on and on....!
I would like to explain to you WHY horses sometimes behave in the ways we describe AND how their brain differs from ours. This knowledge will help you better understand your horse. I will explain to you how to tap into his learning theory to help him with all the behaviours.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE THINGS WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND IN ORDER TO HAVE A SAFE, CALM, OBEDIENT AND SOUND HORSE:
• ETHOLOGY (How he lives in the wild and his natural instincts)
• COGNATIVE ABILITY (How his brain works)
• FLIGHT RESPONSE (What causes flight and how to moderate it)
• LEARNING THEORY (Applying it in hand and in the saddle)
• POSTURE (Understanding the correct postural correctness for all horses, to gain maximum efficiency, balance and power)
• PAIN (How it effects the horse’s behaviour & way of going)
• RIDER (The importance of balance, straightness & clarity of signals/ aids)
• OTHER WELFARE ISSUES (Osteopath, shoeing, vet, worming, dentist, feed, etc.)
All these points will be explained to you in detail. I always try to make it fun and love it when people question these principles!