ASSESSMENT AND LESSONS
I will discuss your horse with you and find out exactly where your problems lie and what you would like to improve on in your horse and your goals.
• I will then carefully explain exactly how these problems can be addressed, why they have occurred and where the holes in the training may be.
• I will explain why the cognitive ability of your horse is causing these problems and how we can apply his learning theory to help moderate them.
• The end goal is that you will learn how to train your horse by applying techniques that will make your training crystal clear for them. You will learn to train correct responses instead the wrong ones.
• I will give you a demonstration of the ‘in hand’ work. This groundwork can change the horse remarkably quickly; he will immediately become calmer and more responsive.
• We will also look at his posture and what we can do to help him feel more comfortable, which will in turn help with his behaviour. They are inextricably linked.
• After this we will run through what we need to do in order to help you and your horse achieve your goals. We will make a plan and I will try to give you an approximate time frame and of course support you through ongoing coaching.
• Over the following weeks I will continue to develop your techniques and transfer them from the groundwork to the saddle.
This will really change your vision of how horses think and will inevitably help you train any horse as ethically as possible, with maximum efficiency. It will become clear to you why a lot of horses behave as they do. I hope it will change your life with horses and theirs with you.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS AND I HOPE I WILL MEET YOU ONE DAY